Comments Off on How to replace Your desktop Hard Drive by an SSD disk without Software
How to replace Your desktop Hard Drive to an SSD without Software
Replacing the old SATA drive from your laptop to desktop without using any software is the best option to go with,just in 3 steps you can replace the old aging hard disk with a faster SSD’s. Specially if you are running Windows OS then as the drive gets old the Windows OS runs very slow leaving you with only option to buy new PC or reinstall the Windows OS, but as SSD price started to drop significantly replacing your old IDE/SATA disks with SSD You can refresh your PC/Laptop without re-installing Windows 10.The new SSD(solid state hard disk) are getting cheaper, you can afford to buy 1 TB(terabyte) of SSD for under $250 with free shipping. The SSD burst speeds up to 200Mbs to 550MB/s read and write and there is no noise level you wouldn’t hear any clicking or humming sounds.
- with HDD/SSD Off-line Duplicator there is no PC/laptop or software required when cloning a hard drive – just plug both hard drives together and press the “Copy” button for several seconds until the LED begins flashing, and the cloning process will begin. Progress indicator with LED: 25% – 50% – 75% – 100%.
- There is no need to purchase the Windows 7/8 or Windows 10 . Since you already own the
How to replace Your desktop Hard Drive to an SSD without Software using Clone method
1.You need HDD/SSD Off-line Duplicator with dual slots that can accomodate 3.5-inch disk and also 2.5-inch disk. The best one in market is FD2002 – Inateck USB 3.0 to SATA Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 / 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA (SATA I/ II/ III), Support 2x 8TB and UASP. You can buy for $40 – FD2002 on sale.
2. SSD drive – typically the 1 TB Solid state hard drive from $250 to $300, the Wester digital PC Solid state drive (SSD) 1TB is on sale for $259 with Free shipping.
WD Blue 1TB Internal SSD Solid State Drive – SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch – WDS100T1B0A
- The WD Blue 1TB Internal SSD Solid State Drive – SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch – WDS100T1B0A offers Sequential read speeds of up to 545MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 525MB/s.
- An industry-leading 1.75M hours Mean Time To Failure (MTTF) and several error-correction technologies for lasting reliability.
- Optimized for multitasking to simultaneously run resource-heavy applications without system slow-down.
- Available in 2.5”/7mm and M.2 2280 models to accommodate most PCs.
- WD FIT Lab certification for compatibility across a wide range of laptop and desktop computers.
3. SSD power connector and SSD mounting brackets for desktop kit:
You need mounting kits for SSD for attaching the 2.5-inch SSD into large 3.5-inch assembly , plus the SSD requires the data cable and power cable. The cost kit costs = $8.99
- Support 2.5″ hard drives (SSD and HDD) and fits all popular PC casings.
- Fit for two 2.5″ drives providing valuable space for additional PC components.
- Realizing fast and interference-free data and power transmissions.
- The top speeds up to 6 Gbps. Downwards compatible with SATA I & II.
- Accessories: 1 x Mounting Kit, 1 x Screw Driver, All Screws Needed, 1x 4 Pin to Dual 15 Pin SATA Power Cable(16 cm), 1x 15 Pin to Dual 15 Pin SATA Power Cable(16 cm), 2x SATA Data Cables(48 cm).
Total Cost for replacing the Windows 7 or Windows 10 hard disk =
- SSD 1 TB = $260
- Inateck FD2002 on sale = $40.
- Inateck 2x 2.5 Inch SSD to 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit Bracket = $8.99
Final cost = $389.99
How to replace Your desktop Hard Drive to an SSD without Software – Steps
1.First you need to power down your PC/desktop running Windows 7 or Windows 10 . After you unscrew the Sata hard disk drive you are ready for clonning.
2.Place your Source disk drive In your FD2002 Inateck cloning slot and new Solid state drive into Slot B. All you have to do is press the clone button for 3 seconds when the light start blinking press the button one more time to start the data copying process.
3.The Copy data will progress to 25% , 50% , 75% and 100% , In our testing the 1 TB disk took 5-6 hours to finish the clone process. After the cloning is done mount the SSD into mounting kit and power on your PC. Voila you will notice the Windows 10 will boot up on 10-15 seconds.